- Take a walk back in time along one of the five hiking trails available at Homolovi Ruins State Park.
- Enjoy a night among the stars and the ruins when you pack a tent and lunch to camp at the park.
- Need more information about the incredible site? No worries, the visitor’s center features exhibits about the ruins and the land.
What can I see and do at Homolovi Ruins?
The ruins at Homolovi are a must see, however, there are other activities available at the state park.
- Visitor’s Center: If you’re looking for a nice, cool place to escape into during your visit, then hang out in the visitor’s center where there are exhibits, a gift shop and restrooms.
- Exhibits: The visitor’s center has plenty of exhibits that provide visitors with information about the ruins and the Homolovi people. There are also exhibits on the art and pottery associated with the Homolovi people. Additionally, there are also artifacts from ancient peoples on exhibit.
- Camping: There are numerous campsites—electric and non-electric—at the state park. Sites are RV capable; ten sites have tent pads. Camping is limited to 14 days. The camping fees are $25 for an electric site and $15-18 for a non-electric site. Reserve campsites online.
- Hiking: There are five trails at the park, all of which are 1.5 miles or less. Each trail leads to a different ruin site and makes the trip to the ruins all the more enjoyable.
- Homolovi ruins: Don’t forget to visit and enjoy the ruins. The ruins can give you a look at the lifestyle of the ancient Native Americans in this area and a small glimpse into their culture. The ruins include artifacts and remnants of pueblos lived in by the Homolovi. You’ll also get a spectacular view of the desert.
Where is Homolovi Ruins?
Homolovi ruins are located just 65 miles East of Flagstaff along Interstate 40.
When is Homolovi Ruins open?
The visitor’s center is open 8a.m. to 5p.m.
How much does Homolovi Ruins cost?
There is an entrance fee associated with the state park:
- One vehicle: $7
- Individual/Bicycle: $2
Who can I call if I have more questions?
If you have questions you can call (928) 289-4106.