- Spend all day out in the snow just skiing around on the North Rim Trail.
- If you need to ease into skiing look into one of the rental/lesson packages offered at Flagstaff Nordic Center.
- If you’re an experienced skier try the Peak-a-view Trail for a nice backdrop and a challenging ride.
Where can I go cross country skiing?
There are several locations in Flagstaff, Arizona, that feature cross-country skiing trails including Flagstaff Nordic Center and Arizona Snowbowl.
Flagstaff Nordic Center Cross-Country Skiing Trails
If you’re a beginner and looking for a good place to start your skiing adventure, this trail is for you.
- Distance: 1.9 km
- Difficulty: Easy
- Trailhead: Trailhead is at the lower Abineau Trail
Bring a backpack to enjoy this expert trail, which features stellar views of the peaks and a picnic table.
- Distance: 1.6 km
- Difficulty: Difficult
- Trailhead: Trailhead is at the top of Bear Jaw
North Rim Trail
This long trail will give you plenty of time to cruise the snow and relish in the winter wonderland that is Flagstaff.
- Distance: 7.8 km
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Trailhead: Trailhead is at lower Raspberry intersection
I am looking for a cross-country skiing guide.
The Flagstaff Nordic Center offers equipment rentals as well as ski lessons.