- Get great views by hiking to the highest point in Arizona. The hike will be long and hard but it will be worth it to see the city and surrounding areas from the top.
- If you like long hikes, the Humphreys trial is for you.
- Take the Skyride to the top for relaxing views.
What can I see and do at Mount Humphreys?
There is plenty to see and really only one thing to do at Mt. Humphreys: hiking! Humphreys trail (the one that takes you to the highest point in Arizona) is 4.5 miles long each way. It takes roughly three hours and can be extremely strenuous. Reaching the top makes the hike worth the trip.
If you want to see the top without the hike up you can take the Skyride lift at Snowbowl; you will enjoy the scenic ride to the very tip of Mt. Humphreys.
Where is Mount Humphreys?
It is just over 14 miles from town. Take US 180 for seven miles until the Snowbowl Road. Take this road for 7.4 miles. You’ll end up in the Snowbowl parking lot and the trail begins on at the north side of the parking lot.
When is Mount Humphreys accessible?
Hiking is only advised during summer. The Skyride lift is open from May until mid-October.
How much does Mount Humphreys cost?
Hiking Mt. Humphreys is free. Unless you want to take the Skyride lift up the mountain and hike down—then the cost is as follows:
- Adults: $12
- Seniors (ages 65 –69): $8
- Juniors (ages 8-12): $8
- Kids 7 and under: Free
- Seniors 70 and over: Free
Who can I call if I have more questions?
If you have more questions you can call the Flagstaff Ranger office at (928) 526-0866.